Extended Services FAQs
Email a link to this page
We do not store or share these email addresses.
Thank you! Your Message was sent.
Honda Care® Vehicle Service Contracts
- Why do I need Honda Care®? My car comes with a manufacturer’s warranty.
A Honda Care VSC provides benefits your manufacturer’s warranty does not. For example, with Honda Care, you’ll get roadside assistance1,2 and rental car coverage1 when your vehicle is being serviced for covered repairs, and extensive component coverage5.
- But doesn’t my manufacturer’s warranty already provide extensive component coverage?
Yes, but only up to a certain point. That’s where Honda Care comes in—it helps protect you from costly repairs after your manufacturer's warranty has expired.
- Can I get a Honda Care VSC on my used vehicle?
Yes. Honda Care coverage is available for used as well as new vehicles. In fact, a Honda Care VSC is a smart investment when you’re buying a vehicle that’s been driven before or you plan to keep for an extended time.
- How do I get a Honda Care VSC?
Honda Care VSCS are offered exclusively by Honda dealers. Just go into any authorized Honda dealer and ask for Honda Care by name.
- Do I have to go to my original Honda dealer for repairs?
No. Honda Care VSCs are honored at any authorized Honda dealership in the United States and Canada.
- What happens when I sell my car?
Honda Care is transferable1, 9, which will contribute to the resale value of your car if you decide to sell it.
- I can’t afford Honda Care.
You can purchase a Honda Care VSC with an affordable, interest-free payment plan4. Your monthly payments will be automatically deducted from the checking account or credit card of your choice, which can earn you points if you belong to a rewards program.
- But I’m not buying a Honda. Why do I need Honda Care?
Honda Care isn’t just for Honda vehicles. With plans that cover all-makes and all-models, Honda Care is the ideal choice for additional vehicle protection because you’ll receive coverage from a solid company known for its quality and reliability.
- What’s the difference between Honda Care Sentinel 3/45 and Honda Care Sentinel Services?
Both plans provide oil change coverage11 and benefits such as road hazard tire protection10, concierge emergency service1, 2, 3 and roadside assistance1, 2. Sentinel 3/45, however, also provides the same extensive component coverage as that is provided by a Honda Care VSC.
- 1 This document is intended to provide an overview of coverages and benefits. Actual coverages, limitations, and exclusions may vary. See your Service Contract and CCMC Membership Guidelines and/or Emergency Roadside Assistance Guidelines for complete details.
- 2 These benefits are provided by Cross Country Motor Club, Inc., except in Florida, where they are provided by American Honda Service Contract Corporation, and in AK, CA, HI, OR, WI and WY, where they are provided by Cross Country Motor Club of California, Inc. In California, Trip Interruption Reimbursement is provided by American Honda Protection Products Corporation.
- 3 Concierge service is not available in Florida.
- 4 Interest-free payment plan provided by Service Payment Plan, Inc.
- 5 Exclusions include, but are not limited to, body parts, tires, maintenance items, glass, upholstery, trim, carpeting and ornamentation. Claims cannot exceed the cash value of the vehicle.
- 6 If no Honda dealership is available within towing distance, repairs may be made at a Honda Care-authorized service center.
- 7 Additional surcharge applies for commercial coverage.
- 8 Available only for the U.S. and Canada.
- 9 Transfer fee may apply.
- 10 Tire protection not available in New York or Florida. Tire wear and off-road usage are not covered. See the Honda Care Sentinel Services contract for details.
- 11 Honda Care Sentinel 3/45 and Sentinel Services are not maintenance contracts and do not provide coverage for the required maintenance services (other than oil changes) specified in your owner’s manual or by your vehicle’s Maintenance Minder.
©2011 Honda Financial Services is a DBA of American Honda Finance Corporation and both are service marks of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. Honda, the H-mark symbol, and Honda Care are trademarks of Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
Administered by American Honda Finance Corporation
Provided by: American Honda Protection Products Corporation
Provided in Florida by: American Honda Service Contract Corporation
P.O. Box 2225, Torrance, CA 90509-2225 License #60083
THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT FOR A MOTOR VEHICLE SERVICE CONTRACT. EXCEPT IN FLORIDA, THE SENDER OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT IS AMERICAN HONDA PROTECTION PRODUCTS CORPORATION.