End of Leadership Purchase Plan FAQs
Email a link to this page
We do not store or share these email addresses.
Thank you! Your Message was sent.
- Is my lump sum, end-of-term purchase price negotiable?
No, this amount is determined before the beginning of your Leadership Purchase Plan®, and is included in your contract.
- How can I get a payoff quote?
Payoff quotes are available online by logging in to your account or by calling our Express Payoff System at 1-800-708-6555.
- If I decide to pay off my vehicle, when will I receive my title?
If there is no outstanding balance on your account, the title will be mailed upon verification of final payment clearance. It is important to verify Honda Financial ServicesSM has your current address on file to ensure you receive your title.
Inspection, Wear and Use
- When should I have my vehicle inspected?
The inspection should be completed in the last two scheduled months of your contract. That way, you'll have time to take care of any repairs yourself. Or, if you choose to have us make the repairs, you'll understand exactly what you're being billed for.
- Can I schedule my lease inspection online?
Yes, you can schedule your lease inspection online by visiting SGS. Please have your Honda Financial Services account number and VIN number available.
- Why can't I just have my dealer perform the inspection on my vehicle?
Only authorized agents can provide an End-of-Lease inspection. The Lease Maturity Center will be happy to provide you with contact information for your local vehicle inspection provider. Or you can schedule your lease inspection online by visiting SGS.
- How long does the inspection take?
In general, about an hour...less if your vehicle is free of excessive damage.
- Do I have to be present during the inspection?
While it's tempting to hand over your keys and let the inspection proceed without you, we encourage you to be there. Your presence at the inspection will allow you to have a greater understanding of the results, and of any charges your vehicle may be assessed. Since you'll be asked to sign the report, you'll want to be present as the inspector looks at the vehicle. Additionally, you'll receive a copy of the report for your records. If you simply can't be present for the inspection, enlist the help of someone who knows your vehicle well to be there for you.
- Do I have to take care of the repairs before I turn in my vehicle?
It's up to you. Your Honda dealer, or another repair facility, can handle the repairs. Please keep in mind that use of Genuine Honda Parts is a requirement of your Leadership Purchase Plan contract. You may also return the vehicle without making repairs. However, you will receive a bill for the cost of excess wear and use.
- What if something happens to my vehicle between the time it's inspected and I turn the vehicle in?
Your vehicle is subject to a final inspection after you turn it in, so if a problem arises after your preliminary inspection, you may still be liable for it. Sometimes damage or malfunctions can't be detected during the inspection, or an unexpected condition arises after your vehicle is inspected. If you receive a bill for charges with which you're not familiar, contact a Honda Customer Service Representative at the Lease Maturity Center at 1-800-708-6555.
- If I make repairs after an initial inspection, do I need to have my car inspected again?
No. However, when you return the vehicle you will need to provide receipts or repair orders that indicate what repairs have been completed.
- If I lease or purchase a new Honda and trade in my current vehicle, am I still liable for any end-of-term charges?
You may be. If the dealer purchases the vehicle as a trade-in and makes a full payoff, your obligation for excess wear and use and excess mileage is waived. However, you may still be responsible for outstanding items such as payments owed, personal property taxes, late charges, fines, etc.
- Can I pay my final, end-of-term bill with a credit card?
Yes. Please call a Honda Customer Service Representative for instructions.